Old 17-07-2011, 03:28 PM
lavenderlover lavenderlover is offline
Registered User

Question Cobbles query

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to this discussion board and a beginner gardener. I'd appreciate some advice on a particular problem
We have inherited a very bare garden, and neighbourhood cats are using it as a loo. We have planted ferns, lavender, rosemary, various other plants but cannot hope to fill up the beds with plants in a short period, so thinking of a mulch. I assume bark/wood chips would not deter cats in their digging? Thinking of using large cobbles. Any advice welcome! Also welcome advice on fast-growing evergreen plants which will provide ground cover,

Thanks,

lavenderlover