Old 17-07-2011, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default sweet woodruff

In article ,
Janet Tweedy wrote:

I have added it to apple juice, which improves that no end. It
has the taste of fresh hay. The toxin is only coumarin, and in
fairly low quantities, so only people on anticoagulants (and
probably with haemophilia) need be concerned.

Would it be worth sourcing seed for this plant Nick or could i gather
viable seed from the wild? i wouldn't want to dig anything up growing in
the woods.

I don't know if it even reproduces by seed, and I wouldn't worry
about digging up a little. If it likes the location, it spreads
like the devil - if it doesn't, it dies off. Very like bluebells,
which were and are harmed only by destruction of habitat or the
use of heavy machinery to dig them up. Amateurs never made a
damn of difference, despite what the politically correct fanatics
claimed.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.