Old 18-07-2011, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default ping Nad R & Billy

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

What's the difference between the British and the American books?

In the US version I'm reading, it's full of lbs and ozs. I've spent decades
converting to metric so don't want to go there again when I buy my own copy.

Does that mean, units aside, that you cook more with weight (mass) as
opposed to volume (tablespoons, cups)?

The newer books from Peter Reinhart shows both Imperial and Metric measures
for bread making Ingredients. So conversions should not be a problem. I
have a small digital kitchen scale that does the conversions for me if
needed. The larger measuring bowls also have both systems etched into the
glass. And I have two sets of measuring cups in Imperial and Metric for
volume measures. So going back and forth these days should not be much of a
concern.

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Stai...1013789&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/Peter-Reinhart...d_bxgy_b_img_c

I spent one hour outside today weeding and I could feel my skin cooking...
96 Fahrenheit. Staying indoors and Hoping for a popup storm to cool things
off. Why did I not plant okra this year