Old 18-07-2011, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default What is this pest and how to combat it?

"Alan \(BigAl\)" wrote:
On washing and peeling it, I was dismayed to find that it was unusable, as
it had been attacked by a series of small grubs that had bored into it and
introduced a network of brown rotten trails through it.

I'm not going to be much help, as my only response is that exactly the same
happened to me the only time I ever succeeded in growing a turnip or two.

My dad did manage to cut away enough from each one to make a very small
amount of soup, though!