Old 19-07-2011, 01:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default ping Nad R & Billy

"songbird" wrote in message
Billy wrote:
Farm1 wrote:

Have you read Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series? If not, I
strongly
recommend all 20 and a half books in the series (or is that 21 and half
books??). Best author I have ever had the pleasure to read.

The New York Times book list seems to like him too.

Master and Commander requested from our library (and from Netflix).

the movie is not much at all like the
books. if you won't read them you are
missing the boat (so to speak).

Thanks again for the tips, and advice. When it comes to literature I am
a stranger in a strange land.

for science fiction that does get
you wondering again try Alastair Reynolds
(almost everything he's written i have
enjoyed).

It was a combination of 2 of the books which were widely separated in the
series. Although I do agree that it isn't a patch on the books, I found
that it really helped me in understandign a lot of the nautical terms, the
cramped nature of the boats and the noise and the drama of battle (and I did
enjoy seeing 'the lesser of two......' being said by Jack).