Old 19-07-2011, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Making a small patio

On Jul 19, 1:34*pm, Timothy Murphy wrote:
My wife wants me to make a small patio (4 metres by 4 metres).
I've ordered the stone - Bradstone in 3 sizes -
and am contemplating putting it down.
Last year we put down lawn turf where the patio is to go,
but it has not done very well.

I'm thinking of digging up the turves,
and laying the stones on the fairly level soil underneath.
Then if all seems well I was going to get an expert
to lay the stones properly.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy *
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

They will soon sink.
You will need to remove all topsoil and replace with scalpings, well
compacted with vibrating plate.
The pavious can then be laid on a thin layer of sand to slight slope
to drain water away.