Old 19-07-2011, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default which magazine?

"Janet" wrote in message
In article , Kate
Morgan writes
Indeed they might but it wouldn't get them far, Last time I showed an
interest in joining a gardening group near here they were not at all
interested until they knew which house we had just bought, too late
then, pity that matter`s to some people. Of course I realise that it
may be something to do with me ! just thought I would add that before
anyone else does :-)

kate

A gardening group isn't usually the same as a gardening club, Usually
the group is an offset of another organisation such as U3A or something
but generally gardening clubs especially local ones are really friendly
and I am not sure how they would know where you live anyway apart from
it being on your membership form?

I agree.

Gardening groups (as in keen gardeners willing to volunteer their labour
on someone elses land) often require public liability insurance and for
that reason it's normal(IME) for there to be some minimal security/ID
vetting of volunteers; such as establishing residence address, telephone
number and an emergency contact in case of accident.

Janet B

I am wrong, I should have said gardening club.
kate