Old 19-07-2011, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default which magazine?

In article , Kate
Morgan writes
I am wrong, I should have said gardening club.
kate

Still not with you there Kate, sorry, but how would the members know
where you live? Unless you joined and then the Membership secretary went
round telling everyone?

In our Club it's very friendly, though as you say I have been to more
parochial Clubs where, once a new member tells people that they have
moved into the district and further, into the 'big house' certain
members fall over themselves to be friendly.

However I would say that that was the same in most walks of life? It's
just the more elitist members who would do that, steer clear of them!

There must be another gardening Club locally which you could join. Do
think about trying again as it's often the place where you can meet
people who are happy to recommend plants that do well locally, where you
can get help and advice and often spare plants for free!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association