Old 19-07-2011, 11:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Recommendation for strawberry protection

On 7/19/2011 5:23 PM, Juniper wrote:
I have some strawberry plants, and the birds keep beating me to the
berries.

Can someone recommend a kind of netting to use to keep them out? What
size holes? You know what I mean --- the intersteces between the
intersections or whatever. My grandmother used to drape old curtains
over the blueberry bushes, but these are strawberries, and the sun and
rain need to get through.

Thanks for any help!

Priscilla

Netting I use for deer with one inch openings should also keep out
birds, but it is not just draping but keeping off the plants or birds
will just peck around it. So you would have to put together a frame to
keep off the strawberries.