Old 20-07-2011, 12:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy[_3_] Maroochy[_3_] is offline

Default Carrot Help Needed - Deformed Carrots - Deformed Carrots - 2011.jpg (0/1)

seph... wrote:
Does anyone have an idea as to why my carrots are deformed -
They are from Danver seeds - I've not had this problem prior to this
year -

Thanks much...

Hi Seph.
I don't grow vegetables, but remembering back to my parents efforts, I'm
pretty sure I remember mum saying that carrots have to be grown in very
loose, sandy type soil. If there is any compacted soil, clods or stones in
the area they are growing they will grown around it, thus giving the
deformity.