Old 20-07-2011, 07:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default ping Nad R & Billy

"Billy" wrote in message news:Wildbilly-
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

If I ever end up with Type II diabetes, the first thing I'd do would be
buy myself a decent grain mill. I've recently been toying with the idea
because of the wonderful taste that freshly ground wheat gives to my
bread -
one forgets that wheat has a great taste until you get really good
freshly
ground flour. Perhaps I should convince myself it'd be a godo
preventative
investment.

Enriched flour is interesting. Some 40 nutrients are removed from the
flour, and 5 are added back and it's called enriched.

p. 96
White flour's low protein, vitamins, and mineral content made it "less
liable than whole meal flour to infestations by beetles and the
depredations of rodents", as Sir Stanley Davidson and Reginald Passmore
observed in their textbook Human Nutrition and Dietetics (1963).

If bugs won't eat it, nor should humans :-))

It's the Spring here, that eats up most of our firewood.

Why is that?