Old 20-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Fitty Fitty is offline
Registered User

Location: Halifax WRY
Unhappy Walnut Tree

We went to France about 3 years ago and brought back some Walnuts. I stored them but they went all mushy and horrible. I chucked them on the garden hoping that the birds would like them but one of them grew.

I now have a lovely little sapling but it's growing underneath my monkey puzzle tree and right behind a retraining wall so needs to be moved.

I'm guessing the best time would be in the autumn or spring but is there anything else i can do it help it re establish it in another part of the garden?

I would hate to lose it but if left where it is i know it's going to bring down the wall, which is about 5ft high. :/