Old 20-07-2011, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default Making a small patio

Andy wrote:

My wife wants me to make a small patio (4 metres by 4 metres).
I've ordered the stone - Bradstone in 3 sizes -
and am contemplating putting it down.

You can take a look at my personal experience of laying a patio here...

www.mygardenproject.co.uk/patio.php

...plenty of pics and you might pick up a tip or two.

Dear Andy,

Thanks very much for that; it is interesting and useful.
I must admit my main conclusion
(as also from http://www.pavingexpert.com/home.htm
which someone recommended me to read)
is that the task is beyond me.

The stone merchant has recommended a man who will lay the stones
for 20 euro per square metre (plus materials).
I thought I would save myself 400 euro,
but on second thoughts I shall follow the merchant's advice ...

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net