Old 20-07-2011, 06:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Butterfly bush

On Jul 20, 11:56*am, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:51:03 -0700 (PDT), Chris

wrote:
Hi folks

I totally neglected my butterfly bush last year. Now I have beautiful
blooms, and I look forward to a gazillion Monarchs soon (I am right on
their east coast migration path) but I also have a bunch of dead
stalks from last year. Can I prune them off now? Should I wait till
Fall? Advice needed, thanks all!

Chris

They're dead, what do you think?

If I could rely on what I think, rather than asking experienced
gardeners for advice, I would not have asked. If you have experience,
please provide a suggestion (although your comment does lead me in a
certain direction, obvious answers are quite often wrong).

I'd rather rely on experience than intuition.

Thanks,

Chris