Old 21-07-2011, 09:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Conservatives run amuck, Michigan Woman Faces 93 Days in Jail for Planting a Vegetable Garden

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message

That is one building so TMWOT it's a bit of a stretch to call it a
'community'. It's hardly community minded to whine or have rules about a
person having one tomato plant on their deck.

Do not bet on that one... It depends on the association. Some condominiums
have very strict rules. Such places are nice for the elderly and those with
a busy city lifestyle.

In the country where I live there are no such ordinances. I do not even
have to mow my lawn and I can have old rusted out cars on my front lawn
and
no one would say or do anything about it.

Well that soudns much better than living some place where anal retentives
waffle on about 'nice lawns'.

The US has different kinds of communities and I believe those that are like
minded should have them. There are communities in which cars are not
allowed, like Mackinaw Island in Michigan. There are communities where
people have airplanes and small jets with small hangers instead of garages
next to there homes with a shared runway. Boating communities. Communities
with golf courses. Communities where there are elderly only no kids... Each
community with their own flavor, some with grass lawns only. Choose your
home, choose your lifestyle. I choose the country where there are few
restrictions.

When I was a kid. I use to ride my bicycle through Oak Park Michigan to get
the Americana Theater. Nice city forty years ago. Today If you ride your
bike there... Pedal Fast if you want to keep your bike.