Old 22-07-2011, 07:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default You KNOW it's too darned hot when...

On 7/22/2011 11:38 AM, Chris wrote:
/teacher mode

A. You cannot touch the cast iron railing around your deck
B. The standing water in your hose is hotter than your shower
C. You cannot step on the metal steps of your deck barefoot
D. All of the above

/teacher mode

Chris

Has not quite topped 100 here in northern Delaware but my tomatoes grown
on deck in pots don't appear to like all the heat we are getting.
Tomatoes look good but plant growth seems down. Hybrid big boy and
early girl don't look as good as heirloom brandywine.