Old 22-07-2011, 06:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Spicy preserves

I came up with an extra gallon of blackberries this week, so I decided to
get creative. My grandmother's blackberry jam was a part of my life as long
as she lived (grandpa was a heck of a berry picker). She gave me her recipe
before she passed and surprise, it's the same as on a box of pectin. I
decided to make jam, but my tastebuds appreciate spice a lot more than they
used to so I added a dozen finely chopped jalapenos (seeds and ribs
included) to the cooking berries. The wife thought I was nuts! Wow! this is
jam for adults! I'm thinking glaze for pork shoulder or ribs or DUCK! Later
people, I'm off to the market!