Old 24-07-2011, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Identify plant photos

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 09:51:48 -0700 (PDT), johnbibby
wrote:

Does anyone know a gizmo that will identify plants from a photo?

Compared with other things that have been developed - e.g. to
distinguish between two twin brothers - distinguishing between plant
species seems rather easy, yet I cannot find any such thing referred
to on the web.

JOHN BIBBY (York)

It is an image classification issue. It is far from easy unless the
images have been reduced to common sets of measures. That is why
facial recognition systems work so well. They do not compare the
images, they just compare the sets of measures. Common sets of
measures for images of plant species are not well defined apart from
the original descriptions. The actual images must be compared.

Try the image facilities in my EasyNN-plus software if you want to
experiment.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com