Old 24-07-2011, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Peas - late sowing

On Jul 24, 8:41*pm, harry wrote:
On Jul 24, 1:21*pm, Baz wrote:

I have found a packet of peas that I forgot about. Hurst Greenschaft.
Is it too late to sow them now and get a late crop?

Thanks
Baz

I would keep for next year. I start my peas off indoors in a bit of 4"
guttering.
Get a much better germination rate. *To plant, cut a mini-trench and
slide out of the end of the gutter. *(Rest end of gutter in trench)

Seems as if we have 2 topics going on here.
Re alotment
"You know I'm talking a bit of "history" as I don't have a veg patch
in
the garden at the moment. My friend seems to be losing the allotment
bug - I've been there more than him - and I'm hoping that I'll be
allowed to take it over if he jacks it in. Come to think of it, all
the peas were "mine" and he's been picking most of them! There is a
waiting list (which I'm not on) but I'm cultivating the "neighbours"
and maybe the committee will bend the rules a bit if the council
allows. "
Why not see if your friend will let you work it for him for next year,
and if the committee say anything you could say he is hopeing to carry
on in 2013 so you are keeping it going for him.
David