Old 25-07-2011, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Early plums

On 25/07/2011 12:36, mark wrote:
This weekend to my surprise I found that one of the plum trees carried ripe
plums. These were all picked and sold at the gate this weekend. They sold
really quickly. Usually they are not ready until the wasps are out in force,
so we got a good crop this time instead of the usual third to wasps, third
to windfall.

Can anyone advise as to what this variety might be based on its earliness.
Plums on the other tree are still green.

Slightly OT, but last Thursday I found (and ate!) a number of wild
Cherry Plums (Prunus cerasifera) on a West Sussex/Surrey border. The
hedgerow was smothered with them.

--

Jeff