Old 25-07-2011, 06:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Jim K[_2_] Jim K[_2_] is offline

Default Strimmer/Brush cutter. electric or petrol

On Jul 24, 4:29 pm, "john thompson" wrote:
We need to buy a strimmer for a very overgrown garden and will need the
stronger type I believe called a 'brush cutter' for some heavier work.

Grateful for any recommendations for a reasonably priced one.

Preferably any information about both electric and petrol version, so we can
try and decide if it's worth paying the extra for the petrol version.
Thanks.

NB Screwfix have an Hitachi brushcutter on special for £99.99 with
offer code "EAS" entyered on trolly page (apparently down from £160)
be quick as I expect they won't be many at that price.

(I have no connection with screwfix or hitachi, nor do I own a Hitachi
but for 100 that looks reasonable to me)

Jim K