Old 26-07-2011, 10:41 PM
marigold marigold is offline
Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
On Jul 23, 11:36*am, kay wrote:
marigold;930748 Wrote:

I have a new plum tree (this year ) and the leaves are becoming pale,
cannot find any aphids and it does not look like peach leaf curl,any
ideas?

It sounds like a nutrient deficiency. An aphid infestation heavy enough
to upset the plant would cause at least some of the leaves to crumple.

If you've only recently planted it, the roots are still settling and
maybe not being very efficient. I wouldn't use any fertiliser on it
until you've established that it's getting plenty of water. Don't just
rely on the top surface being wet - it's easy to water and soak the top
inch or so, and still have dry soil underneath.

It's not going to die on you suddenly so don't panic - you've got time
to try first, more water, and if that doesn't work, some fertiliser.

Meanwhile - can you tell us more about the pale leaves? Is it all of
them, or are the new leaves still dark green? Is it the whole leaf, or
are the veins dark green with yellow bits between?

--
kay

If you want to you could use a weak liquid feed in the water you give
it, but when you water use a bucket and give it 2 or 3 buckets full,
applied slowley so it soaks in to the ground close to the tree.
Thanks all,the leaves seem to be fairly uniform in their colour loss,no prominent veins and all of the leaves were new and they have all discoloured,I will try the heavy watering even though I think I have been carefull not to let it get dry.
What feed would you recommend?