Old 26-07-2011, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default rhubarb

On Jul 26, 10:37*pm, wrote:
Janet wrote:
I have heard (on here, I think) that the later in the season, the less
unpoisonous they become.

*The later in the season, the higher the level of oxalic acid.
* People with gout, rheumatoid arthritis or kidney stones may want to
avoid that.

http://oxalicacidinfo.com/

But. *I'm curious if this is the case, because this isn't long-season
rhubarb, this is "grew in March, died off by May, decided to start growing
again in July". *It's almost like it's gone into next year's growth early
due to the odd weather (which I wouldn't at all put past it, but it'll
probably be very tired by next year!)

My rhubarb grows continuously.....