Old 26-07-2011, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default rhubarb

harry wrote:
But. ?I'm curious if this is the case, because this isn't long-season
rhubarb, this is "grew in March, died off by May, decided to start growing
again in July". ?It's almost like it's gone into next year's growth early
due to the odd weather (which I wouldn't at all put past it, but it'll
probably be very tired by next year!)

My rhubarb grows continuously.....

It died off a lot earlier than I expected it to this year, I think normally
it keeps going till autumn. It got rather stressed with lack of water,
early heat, starting itself up too early (it was in full growth when
normally it would only be forced stuff available), then we went on holiday
and came back to it being in bloom! Should have chopped it up in the winter
and replanted, but Nick didn't get around to it and it started growing
before he did anything ...