Old 27-07-2011, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default 4 plants

On 27/07/2011 09:51, wrote:
Martin wrote:
But wait for the first frost before harvesting and prick the berries. It
goes through a stage of looking like pink paraffin but tastes
wonderfully aromatic when mature. I find it is better with slightly less
sugar than some of the published recipes. And just inverting the bottles
once every couple of months is enough mixing. YMMV

My parents think it tastes like cough medicine and it's a waste of good gin.
:-)

Who said anything about using good gin to make it?
Supermarkets cheapest is fine for this purpose.

We usually make it every other year - mainly determined by whether the
local hedges have been flailed back or not by November time.

Regards,
Martin Brown