Thread: plum tree
View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  
Old 27-07-2011, 11:47 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigold View Post
Thanks all,the leaves seem to be fairly uniform in their colour loss,no prominent veins and all of the leaves were new and they have all discoloured,I will try the heavy watering even though I think I have been carefull not to let it get dry.
What feed would you recommend?
Have you tried digging into the ground with a twig or a finger a few inches? Sometimes you will find the top half inch wet where you've watered it, but the ground underneath dry - I've been gardening for years, and I still get caught out!

Unless you have had rainfall of at least 1.5cm within the last few days, every week put a full 2gal watering can of water on to the square foot of ground around the plum. You may need to do this twice or 3 times a week if you're having hot sunny days.

Actually - how do you know they have discoloured? Do you have some darker leaves to compare them with? And remember that new growth is always lighter green than older growth.