Old 27-07-2011, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Garlic for hostas ?

On 27/07/2011 14:07, Pam Moore wrote:
Dis anyone seeon TV last week, as I did, a short item on growing
hostas? I can't find it on iPlayer. I thought it was in one of the
Tatton Park progs.
An older couple, lady Japanese (?) had a garden full of hostas, many
growing in pots suspended from poles.
Asked how they kept the slugs at bay, they said they use slug pellets
in Spring and then water or spray with a garlic solution. Their
hostas werehealthy and totally uneaten.
I want to watch it again, and also hear the recipe for the garlic
solution, which involved boiling a garlic bulb in x amount of water
and then adding x amount of the strained sloution to a can of water.
Can anyone point me to a repeat please?

Pam in Bristol

Hi Pam

I'm hopeless at (reliably) passing on links, but I saw the programme. I
have just googled on Gardeners' World. Three links down the list given,
was a link headed "BBC2 Gardeners'World - 2 programmes. Click on this
link and you should see the programme. Good luck.

Spider