Old 27-07-2011, 07:06 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:

Right, I can taste one when its ripe. The big question I guess is can
I be sure theyre not anything toxic? If so I can just go on taste.

It'll be a shame if theyre not edible. If so, the only edibles will be
elderberry and blackberry, and elder isnt exactly nice to eat.
Elderberries aren't bad if you mix them with apples.

Elderflowers are worth having, either as elderflower fritters or added into rhubarb. Then there's elderflower cordaial and elder flower wine, and of course eldeberry wine.

I can't think of a toxic berry 3/4 - 1in dia, which isn't to say there isn't one. But if you want a firmer id post pics of a branch and an individual leaf, and of the fruit cut in half.