View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  
Old 29-07-2011, 01:32 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannerman View Post
Hi Coleslaw, a very good idea !! I'm in Cornwall and have been growing and selling plants down here for nearly 40 years and as you know, alot of the information given by even top horticultural books (even RHS) is often misleading and sometimes downright wrong ! I'm sure that some of this information is copied erroneously from other books but certainly, it hasnt been written by somebody with hands on practical experience !!
Best wishes with your venture and I'll look forward to the Cornwall section starting, Lannerman.
Thank you for your support If you'd like to get involved in a Cornwall section then please PM me with an email and I will get in touch. Depending how much effort it takes to get Kent and Sussex off the ground, Cornwall might be feasible for Summer 2012.

I am trying to compile a list of suitable plants and one book or website says X about a plant and another says Y. That's why I'd like to get members completing a what-grows-in-my-coastal-garden questionnaire. At least that way members will know that if a variety is recommended they have a much higher rate of success with it.