Old 29-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Plants_Galore Plants_Galore is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris[_14_] View Post
Hi folks

I totally neglected my butterfly bush last year. Now I have beautiful
blooms, and I look forward to a gazillion Monarchs soon (I am right on
their east coast migration path) but I also have a bunch of dead
stalks from last year. Can I prune them off now? Should I wait till
Fall? Advice needed, thanks all!

Chris
Hi,

There is nothing wrong in seeking advice. Generally I would advise you to remove the dead stalks, it will improve the shape and look of your buddleia. Generally speaking you should prune (cut back) your plant when it has finished flowering. If you cut it back quite hard it will encourage a bushy habit and will keep your shrub in a nice shape.
You will then be able to enjoy a mass of colour next year!!!!
You don't have to be Shrek to have green fingers!
For great advice and quality plants visit http://plantsgaloreonline.co.uk or call us on: 01279 792 321