Old 31-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Coleslaw Coleslaw is offline
Registered User

Location: SE England

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishgail View Post
Hi I'm from cornwall too and look forward to a cornish section too!!
I find that visiting local gardens the best way to see what thrives in our climate and we have plenty of wonderful coastal gardens here.
I'm of the opinion that if its happy in my garden I've got it right!! except of course when we get a harsh winter like last year then everything struggles.
Hi cornishgail, yes I have a feeling that a Cornish section will not be too long in following.

Absolutely agree with you about looking at local gardens, being a good way of finding out what thrives locally. Here for example, euphorbias, buddleia and fuchsias have gone wild. Ceanothus is extremely popular as are phoenix canariensis and lavender.

Last winter was a garden disaster. My 5ft oleander is now barely five inches tall.