Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpixiea420 View Post
So I threw a massive wobbly at the level of critters using the main stem on some green house plants, chillis, tomatoes and peppers as a highway to dinner.

I made some carboard jackets to go round the stem, then smeared them with LITHIUM based axel greese..It has worked at caught a lot of bugs but.....

Question......The grease has leaked through the cardboard....could it then be absorbed by the stems and poison plants?

Was this silly?

I will take it of asap.
Hi evilpixie , yes, I think eventually the grease will damage the plant stem, what i would do would be to take the cardboard off and just wrap some plastic around the stem (to form a barrier to the grease) and then replace the cardboard but generally, its a good way to keep beasties off plants, personally, I use vaseline !
Lannerman