Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Laura Corin Laura Corin is offline
Registered User

Default Grass as mulch around young trees?

We are about to cut just under an acre of rough grass. We also have an area of woodland which was replanted last autumn. It has almost 200 root-trainer trees/shrubs protected inside forestry rabbit tubes.

Does it make any sense to dump the grass around the tubes? Would it provide nutrients? The grass is waist-high - much of it is hay-like and dry, but there will also be a more lush component. I don't have the facilities to compost that much grass, so I'll need to dump it somewhere anyway.

Thanks

Laura