Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa GB View Post
Hello I am new to this site and would really appreciate some help!

We live in a lovely conservation area and unfortunately a housing development is going up at the end of our garden over the end of the house. The house will be 2 storey with a pitched roof and one if going to be looking directly into our garden (about 80 metres long and 20 metres wide).

The developers cut down all of the beautiful tall trees which gave us totally privacy but now we feel completely exposed....

I know very little about trees but I would really appreciate anybody's advice as to which are the best ones to plant to hopefully shield all the new house which is going up as we speak and will be finished sometime this year.

I'm not sure whether I should be buying small or large trees but I am happy to pay more if it means I get the result I want quicker!!

Thanks so much
Hi Lisa, further to other answers and depending where you live ? I'd suggest that you think of using Eucalyptus gunnii ( Tasmanium Blue Gum) Its the fastest growing evergreen tree in the UK. You wont need anything too large to start with, I'd suggest something about 2 metres tall maximum because they grow so fast (can grow to 5mtres in 3 years) but they may be pruned and trimmed as needed.
Lannerman.