Old 31-07-2011, 05:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Steve B[_6_] Steve B[_6_] is offline

Default Roundup Question ??

"James" wrote in message
net...
I have a small flower planting area of about 25 sq. ft. When I plant
flowers in it each summer, the weeds come up so bad, I can keep up with
weeding it each week. (I also much about 3 or 4 inches, but that doesn't
stop these weeds).

Before I plant flowers, if I soak the ground with Roundup, how long would
I have to wait to plant the flowers ?

thanks !!

James

I bought some new stuff called Preen. It is pre-emergent, meaning you put
it on when the weeds AREN'T there, and it keeps them from sprouting. Says
it can be cultivated right into soil next to existing plants. Check it out.
I hope it works as good as it says, I have a large area that needs weed
control.

Steve