Old 31-07-2011, 06:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Roundup Question ??

James wrote:
I have a small flower planting area of about 25 sq. ft. When I
plant flowers in it each summer, the weeds come up so bad, I can
keep up with weeding it each week. (I also much about 3 or 4
inches, but that doesn't stop these weeds).

Before I plant flowers, if I soak the ground with Roundup, how long
would I have to wait to plant the flowers ?

Soaking the ground with roundup would be a waste of it. It has to be sprayed on
growing plants to work.

If you keep up with the weeding, and never let them go to seed, you will have
much less work after a couple years. If your weeds are perenials, you need to
kill them off or pull them before they have any chance to grow much greenery
every time. It is a lot easier to pull or hoe the weeds early when they are
small than it is when they get big, so do it often.

Do not let the bed grow weeds in the off season, or you just continue the
problem. Everytime a weed goes to seed, you will be fighting the weeds for more
years.