Old 01-08-2011, 12:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
gregz gregz is offline

Default Quickest growing trees to shield housing development

"Bob F" wrote:
Lisa GB wrote:
Hello I am new to this site and would really appreciate some help!

We live in a lovely conservation area and unfortunately a housing
development is going up at the end of our garden over the end of the
house. The house will be 2 storey with a pitched roof and one if
going to be looking directly into our garden (about 80 metres long
and 20 metres wide).

The developers cut down all of the beautiful tall trees which gave us
totally privacy but now we feel completely exposed....

I know very little about trees but I would really appreciate anybody's
advice as to which are the best ones to plant to hopefully shield all
the new house which is going up as we speak and will be finished
sometime this year.

I'm not sure whether I should be buying small or large trees but I am
happy to pay more if it means I get the result I want quicker!!

Thanks so much

Leyland Cypress does well where I am for this, bat can get pretty big over the
years.

Locust's tend to be self limiting. They planted many here after strip
mining.

Greg