Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_5_] Zootal[_5_] is offline

Default Okra being defoliated by bugs

songbird wrote in
:

Zootal wrote:
I'm going to keep a close eye on them for the next few days and see
if I can spot anything eating them.

around here big leaf damage is usually
grasshoppers. i don't know if grasshoppers
eat okra or not tho.

for grasshopper control it helps to have
bird baths (and not feed the birds much in
the summer months so they will forage --
except if you are feeding orioles or other
rare birds on a special diet i'd keep those
going).

songbird

I don't think I've ever seen a grass hopper here. I'm not sure why - I'm in
the mid Wilamette Valley, and for whatever reason we just don't have grass
hopper problems - at least not in my neighborhood.