Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Priscilla H. Ballou Priscilla H. Ballou is offline

Default Roundup Question ??

In article ,
Chris Thompson wrote:

Someone else mentioned newspaper. That works well too, and like the plastic
bags, just lay them out over the plot, punch a hole where you want to plant
a flower, and after you're done planting, cover it all up with your cedar.

If you're planting seeds, things get more complicated.

I laid out newspapers with long narrow gaps where the furrows for the
seeds were. I then planted the seeds in the furrows. I did that with
cucumbers and then did a similar thing on my other summer gourds
(zucchini and crooknecks), only leaving small squares rather than long
furrows.

VERY few weeds. Peachy!

Priscilla