Old 04-08-2011, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Health issues and how to maintain a garden

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Just wondering if any of you folks who liked to hands on deal with
the limits of hands off the physical stuff.
I hit it as I can but it not as hard as I'd like. Puttering seems to
be becoming more real.
Small tasks seem to grow in correlation with anemia and muscle loss
still the ticker is A OK.

I didn't realize it was chronic.

Certainly the lasagna gardening has been a great effort saver. I would
be screwed if I still spaded my plots as I formerly did.

Mulch and newsprint suppressing weeds.

The dibble has been a great time saver as well. Now that the soil is
loose, I can take seedlings from starting trays that use the 1" X 1"
cells, and drop them into the hole left by the dibble.

Once in,
drip allows you to forego the bulk of the watering with the flip of a
switch.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis