Old 28-07-2011, 12:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default I really hate bugs

On 7/27/2011 9:39 PM, Snag wrote:
Stepped out to admire my garden a few minutes ago and just about freaked .
A large green caterpillar type bug has almost completely denuded one of my
cayenne plants of it's leaves . Ate into several of the peppers too .
The interweb has helped me identify this thing as a tomato hornworm , and
I'm about to read up on how to deal with this pest .
BTW , that one is now a puddle of goo and a bit of green skin now .

I use a vegetable garden insecticide. Tomato horn worms can decimate a
plant fast and while they are big and easy to pick off, they are
difficult to see since they blend in with the plant so well.