Old 28-07-2011, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default I really hate bugs

On 7/28/2011 9:48 PM, The Cook wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:24:34 +0000 (UTC), Nad R

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05517.html

Googling, this one says moth is like a humming bird. I probably have
seen them flitting about.

Yep, that's them, I seen one two days ago. They can easily be mistaken for
a hummingbird while in flight.

We have both hummingbirds and hummingbird moths that visit our
Monarda. My husband named the moths "humbugs." There are several
varieties of Hummingbird moth and the one that appears here is not the
adult hornworm.

That's what I've seen. Plants are on deck near kitchen table and I
often see things that look like hummingbirds but not quite.
Always nice to learn something new. Part of the fun of gardening.