Old 29-07-2011, 05:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods[_2_] Gary Woods[_2_] is offline

Default Garlic question

villon wrote:

Is mail order from someone like Johnny's or Main Potato
Lady the way to go? Is anyone familiar with the Hudson Valley Garlic
Festival in Saugerties, NY? is it a good source?

I've gotten most of my varieties from the Hudson Valley Festival.....
remember that garlic adapts to local conditions, so you want to get it
close to home, or grow it out for a few years before writing it off. I
usually get just a couple of bulbs of something new, so I don't have a big
investment in time/space trying them out.
How much do you want to plant?