Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
linda mar

Default Ghost Shrimp Question

I thought iodine is not a good thing in fish tanks.. or is iodine in
"iodized salt" and "iodine" in kent marine iodine different? I thought one
doesn't want to use iodized salt because of iodine in the salt, but is there
something else? (or may be the iodine concentration in the salt is too high
for aquarium use?)

linda

"LeighMo" wrote in message
You need to add iodine to the tank. Get the kind sold for sal****er

tanks. I
use Kent Marine Iodine. For a tank 55 gallons or less, add one drop with

each
water change. Or just add a drop whenever you see them starting to turn
opaque.

That's really the only trick to keeping ghost shrimp. They will readily

breed
in the tank, even, as long as they get iodine.

Leigh