Old 06-08-2011, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default The smell

Billy wrote:

You know what you are? I'll leave you to fill in the blank.
--
- Billy

Yup , it sure sounds like I'm a racist . But then you don't live where I
do , you haven't seen what I've seen , and you haven't experienced what I've
experienced . Most of the black people I know are fine upstanding citizens .
Some of them aren't . Most of the White and Hispanic people I know are also
fine upstanding citizens too , and some aren't .
Scum is scum , no matter what color their skin is . It's just that there's
a higher proportion of that behavior in a certain segment of the population
here , and they use their race to perpetuate the myth of "poor mistreated
us" .
That same neighbor said "I hate you because you're white , I hate ALL
white people." the very first time he laid eyes on me . Kinda set the tone
, I'd say . Didn't matter to him that we bought his son a bicycle (while HE
was in prison) because he was the only kid on the block that didn't have one
, he couldn't get past race ... that same guy assaulted and tried to kill me
at a later date , because I said something he didn't like . Gee , I wonder
if I shoulda just turned the other cheek , so to speak .
--
Snag
Nah , I shoulda popped a cap on his ass .