Old 06-08-2011, 11:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default The smell

In article , "Snag"
wrote:

Billy wrote:

You know what you are? I'll leave you to fill in the blank.
--
- Billy

Yup , it sure sounds like I'm a racist . But then you don't live where I
do , you haven't seen what I've seen , and you haven't experienced what I've
experienced . Most of the black people I know are fine upstanding citizens .

Yeah, I've experienced that.

Some of them aren't . Most of the White and Hispanic people I know are also
fine upstanding citizens too , and some aren't .

Agreed, no group has a monopoly on saints or sinners.

Scum is scum , no matter what color their skin is . It's just that there's
a higher proportion of that behavior in a certain segment of the population
here , and they use their race to perpetuate the myth of "poor mistreated
us" .

What "certain segment of "underpriveledged" people" "too lazy to work"
[,and] thinks getting an education is being an "Uncle Tom"?
You talkin' about black PEOPLE, boy?

How does "There's a large population of "underpriveledged" people "too
lazy to work", [t]hat thinks getting an education is being an "Uncle
Tom"" devolve into your neighbor? How does he catch societies full load
of stereotypes? How do you know that they swap their food stamps for
drugs? If he was busted for drugs before, he would be ineligible for
food $tamps, and "$ection 8" hou$ing.

Let's take it from the top.
1) "underpriveledged" people"
Well, they certainly didn't get a golden parachute when they were let go
as slaves 150 years ago after, they had made profits for their masters,
and they were still broke when the worst of the Jim Crow laws were
overturned 50 years ago.
White Black Hispanic
Median income 2006 $50,673* $31,969* $37,781*

Net Worth of Households 2009 $113,149 $5,677 $6,325

You do know that there are costs for food, clothing, and housing. After
paying for those, you can save money against a rainy day.

Study: Median Wealth for
Single Black Women: $100,
Single Hispanic Women: $120,
Single White Women: $41,000

2) Unemployment is 9% for white PEOPLE, and 20% for black PEOPLE and 40%
for black youth.

3) When I went to college, tuition was $300 to $400 per semester. The
same school is now charging over $2,000/semester (and that's relatively
cheap). More over, there are many people graduating college that can't
find work. Does it make any sense to go deep into debt, and spend at
least 4 years of your life to be told that there is no work for you?
Education is being priced out of reach for many citizens.

This country has real, serious problems, but our major ones start at the
top of society, not at the bottom.

That same neighbor said "I hate you because you're white , I hate ALL
white people." the very first time he laid eyes on me .

In part that's because white PEOPLE feel a sense of entitlement that few
black PEOPLE ever get to experience. It ****es them off that we are so
dense.

Kinda set the tone
, I'd say . Didn't matter to him that we bought his son a bicycle (while HE
was in prison) because he was the only kid on the block that didn't have one
, he couldn't get past race ...

Not like you, huh?

that same guy assaulted and tried to kill me
at a later date , because I said something he didn't like . Gee , I wonder
if I shoulda just turned the other cheek , so to speak .
--
Snag
Nah , I shoulda popped a cap on his ass .

How white of you.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis