Old 07-08-2011, 03:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default The smell

In article , says...

And I'm probably gonna regret stokin' the fire , but if blacks are about
11% of the population of the USA , why is it that they constitute almost
HALF of the prison population ?

Uh... because they're poor, a minority and black with all the attendant
troubles and disadvantages?

Which segments of your population seem the most logical candidates for
being slotted into your prison warehousing systems and filling the
pockets of the prison-lords?

From what American news I see, it's amost always the *poor* and/or black
******* that gets real time in a hard place and the *rich* ******* that
gets little time served in a softer place, gets off, or time served. --
Which is more or less the same here except our over-represented in the
prison system non-white minority is First Nations/Indian people.

And a wide swath of the white population in the USA shares a genetic
history with black Africa and do very well as white citizens. Which
addresses the issue of genetic bias quite handily though not cultural
bias.