Old 30-07-2011, 10:40 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_8_] Jeßus[_8_] is offline

Default Close to Spring

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:30:21 +1000, Who_me?
wrote:

On 26/07/2011 7:09 PM, Jeßus wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:53:49 +1000, "FarmI"ask@itshall be given
wrote:

I figured out how many weeks till Spring and how many tasks I had to do in
the garden before the wqrmer weather comes. I'm pretty much on track. You?

Reasonably... much more prepared this year than the previous couple
years as I have the hothouse, shade house and open veggie garden areas
all established. Still need a dedicated propagation area though, tired
of trying to raise seedlings on an ad-hoc basis.

Planted a few more fruit trees this week, all apples this time -
Bramley and three other cider apples (exact varieties escape me ATM).
That makes about 36 fruits trees in the orchard now.

I hope we (here in TAS) don't have another odd spring, summer and
autumn... it was quite mild last year and did strange things to some
crops. Already many trees here are budding, which is a little early
once again. Hmm.

I'm in Queensland and we have trees in bloom, passion fruiflowers on the
vines, baby snakes all over the place (hit three with the mower) and
birds nesting. It is weird - spring is two months early.

My quinces are quickly pushing out leaves now - way too soon for here.

The rhubarb is starting to flower as well, though I can't recall when
exactly they're supposed to flower... seems early to me though.