Old 29-07-2011, 04:13 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] infodex@mindspring.com is offline

Default Crop failure

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 05:06:58 -0700 (PDT), WesD
wrote:

On Jul 28, 9:19*pm, wrote:
More weirdness.

I watered my containers this morning about 9am. About noon I looked
out and saw one of the egg plants was completely wilted. My first
reaction was that I had somehow overlooked watering it, so I watered
it then but it never recovered. By evening it was completely dead.
Even the couple of small egg plants it was bearing had turned mushy.

My thought is you may have drowned it if the drain holes have
clogged.

Not likely. I use 5-gal paint pails drilled with five 3/4" drain holes
and a layer of gravel in the bottom.