Old 29-07-2011, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Tarragon

I've tried to propagate French Tarragon from the cut herb sold in
supermarkets, but when I've got it to root, it's never survived. It's
been really hard to find growing plants, but I finally found chunky
ones for sale in 2-l pots at Webb's of Wychbold this week. £4.99:
ouch! but job done. Or was it? The leaves have little aroma, and the
taste is wrong: is somebody out there supplying GCs with Russian
Tarragon labelled as French?

I've just emailed Webb's about it; but I'd welcome any knowledge or
experience from urg.

--
Mike.